April Wrap Up & May TBR!

Hey my lovelies, welcome to this months reading wrap up and I am happy to say that I have finally ended my reading slump. Woop Woop! Which is why I read a grand total of 7 books in the month of April, and pretty much all of them are Marie Lu books.

April Wrap Up

The first book I read in April was a reread and it was The Young Elites by Marie Lu, I first read this book around two year ago and planned to read the other books in the trilogy when they came out, however I never got round to it and now I finally have. I definitely enjoyed it a lot more than the last time, as I am really into reading stories about anti-heroes right now, which you probably would have realised on your own by the end of this wrap up. You can find out more of my thoughts on The Young Elites on the 12th when my review is scheduled to come out.

The second book I read in April, shockingly was The Rose Society by Marie Lu, the second book in the Young Elite trilogy. Again, I really enjoyed this. There was certain things that I would have preferred to of happened, but again it's not really something I have much of a say on, as I didn't read it. And I really wanted to explore Guiletta's character a lot more, and sadly that did not happen. 

The third book I read in April was The Midnight Star by Marie Lu, this is the final book in the Young Elite trilogy, and it did not disappoint. I really like the ending of this series and how all of the loose ends tied up in a little bow. My review of The Midnight Star is expected to be out on the 26th May.

The next series I started and then completed was the Legend trilogy by Marie Lu. After really enjoying the Young Elites, I thought I would finally knock this one of my tbr and gave it ago. Although I have to say I did not enjoy this as much as the other series, and would have preferred it if some things were slightly different, but you can find out what I thought about the entire trilogy in my review of it coming out on the 2nd June.

And the final book I read in April was Half Bad by Sally Green, this was another reread for me, as I really want to finish this series and find out the end of Nathan's story. I read both Half Bad and Half Wild almost two years ago now, and have been planning to read Half Lost for quite sometime and after picking up a signed hardcover, with a small note inside, I've been desperate to find out what it means. 

May TBR

And now onto the books I plan to read in May, but probably won't. And this months TBR is all to do with retellings, due to me picking up Heartless by Marissa Meyer last months and putting it at the top of my TBR pile. 

You can probably guess what the first book on my TBR is, and that is Heartless by Marissa Meyer. I've owned the Lunar Chronicles for round about a year now, and have only ever got round to reading it once, and then I couldn't get passed the first chapter of Cinder, so it didn't go the best. And since then I've been ignoring that section of my shelf, so in order to hopefully get used to her writing styles I am starting off with Heartless. Heartless is a prequel to Alice in Wonderland, following the story of the Queen of Hearts before she even became Queen. All I know of it so far is what I've read on the blurb, and  that alone has me interested. I purchased this due to being Llandudno and felt inspired after seeing all of the statues around the town. 

Another shocking book on my tbr is of cause the first book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder by Marissa Meyer. Now this is a much loved book series for some people, and other people hate it, and after owning all of the books I really don't want to be a part of the group of people who hate it. But hopefully after reading Heartless, I shall be more accustomed to her writing style, and be able to get on with the rest of the series. All I know about Cinder, is that it's a Cinderella retelling with a scifi twist, and based on the book cover Cinder is in fact a cyborg, or part cyborg. Hopefully after finishing this one then I will be able to move on to Scarlet. 

The third book on my tbr is Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige, I don't really know a lot about this one, only that it is a retelling of the Snow Queen and is set in modern upstate New York, in some sort of mental facility. But other than this I am going into this book completely blind (how I prefer to, in all honesty). 

And the fourth and final book on my tbr is The Wicked Will Rise by Danielle Paige, The Wicked Will Rise is the second book in the Dorothy Must Die series, and I read Dorothy Must Die back in January, and really enjoyed it, and never got round to reading it (are you guys sick of me saying this yet?), however I've been dying to read it, so why not in my very own retelling's month? 

That is it for this months tbr and last months wrap up, I hope you've enjoyed finding out what I've read in April, and let me know what you're planning to read in May, either by commenting, on Goodreads or via Twitter

Next Book Review: The Young Elites by Marie Lu
Next Bookish Post: Battle of the Bookcovers
EnglishBlonde
x

0 comments: