Booktubeathon TBR & Haul

Hey my lovelies, welcome to this weeks Monday (which is slightly delayed, sorry guys) post, and there has been a little bit of a change in plan, my original planned post is being swapped over to the 31st, and this weeks post is now my booktubeathon TBR & (mini) Haul. The booktubeathon is an annual readathon, that was created by Ariel Bissett on Youtube, with the idea that as well as celebrating the booktube community, everyone bands together to read as many books that they can in the week, whilst trying to complete the 7 challenges. This year it runs from today (July 24th) to Sunday (July 30th). All of the books included in today's post, were bought for the purpose of reading in this readathon, so lets get down to it...

Thankfully when buying for this, I had the good sense to only pick relatively short books, so I won't be overpowering myself by trying to read 7 500+ page books in 6 days.

Challenge #1 ~ Read a book with a person on the cover

Now this one wasn't a very difficult choice to make and that's because it is Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher, I first read this book around four years ago, and I remember really enjoying it, however with the series recently coming out on Netflix, I decided before watching it I would reread the book. If you don't know what Thirteen Reasons Why is about Clay who receives a set of tapes, only they're from his classmate Hannah, who committed suicide two weeks earlier, and claims to explain the thirteen reasons why she committed suicide, the only thing is Clay is one of them.

Challenge #2 ~ Read a hyped book

This next book I've had on my TBR for quite some time now, and from the reading of various others TBRs it is clearly a priority to get this one read, especially after the film came out last year, so A Monster Calls is joining my list.  And for this one I am pretty much going into this blind, only knowing that it is about a young boy and a monster (who my mum thought was Groot, when she saw the trailer on TV). But can you deny that this is a super hyped book? Patrick Ness has been so popular with both bloggers and booktubers a like in the recent years.

Challenge #3 ~ Finish a book in one day

And for this challenge (although one of my other picks, will probably cover this one) I have chosen the official Booktubeathon read! Which is of cause Juniper Lemon's Happiness Index by Julie Israel, and all I know about this one is that it deals with someone coping with the grief of losing their sister, and how they deal with allowing themselves to get over the loss.

Challenge #4 ~ Read about a character that is very different from you

For this one I wasn't really sure what to choose, as it was such an open ended challenge, so in the end I simply decided to let it go and see what happens, whilst the readathons on.

Challenge #5 ~ Finish a book completely outside

Now bar challenge #7 this is one I feel I'm most likely to fail at, as you never really know what is going to happen with British weather, but in the spirit of it being summer, I have chosen to read Lying about Last Summer by Sue Wallman. Similar to Juniper Lemons Happiness Index, this deals with the trauma from losing a sibling, however with a mystery/thriller edge, as Skye starts receiving texts from someone claiming to be her dead sister. Pretty Little Liars much?

Challenge #6 ~ Read a book you got because of the cover

For this challenge, I picked a book my mum got me in the last two weeks, which I adore because of the cover and it is The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid, as well as it being the only science fiction book on my list, it is also the only hardcover I plan to read. But honestly how cool is that cover? A butterfly turning into knives, what could be better? This is another one I'm going into blind.

Challenge #7 ~ Read 7 books

And for the final challenge I have chosen the booktubers collaboration Because you love to hate me, I chose this one, because what is better than finishing of a booktubeathon with a book inspired by booktubers writing prompts?

I know I shouldn't but when buying for this haul, I couldn't help myself. So I bought a swapping books, meaning that if I change my mind on what to read I could try this instead. So we have another book by Sue Wallman, See how they lie, which is another ya thriller. 

Thank you for reading my lovelies, I hope you enjoyed it, and if you're taking part in the Booktubeathon let me know what your reading below in the comments!

Previous Book Review: Pigeon Blood Red by Ed E. Duncan
Previous Bookish Post: May/June Wrap Up & July TBR
Next Book Review: Landline by Rainbow Rowell

EnglishBlonde
x

0 comments: