Book Review: We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

Book Review: We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
^

Hey my lovelies, this weeks book review is ….We Were Liars by E. Lockhart and it is my first bad review/book talk for the year and it is just a coincidence it is going to come out on February 13th. Dun. Dun. Duuun.


Okay, so I did not enjoy this book, mainly due to the writing style. For me personally it was painful to read, but I did it mainly so I could find out what the big plot twist was that everybody was talking about and for me, I guessed it near the beginning. This does not mean, that it might not be your cup of tea, but it is not mine.

Spoilers below

I did not like the main character I found her boring and annoying, I kind of wanted to give her a slap and to tell her to get over herself at some points, I mean she moaned about him having a girlfriend, but did that stop her from sort off dating him? No. I'm sorry if you're one of them people, but you annoy me, you know its wrong what you are doing but you keep doing it anyway and then you moan about it. I'm sorry, but you should not be doing that.

I guessed the plot twist early on and it seems like it took forever for us to find out, and the plot twist was that the fire was originally set by her, her and her friends and family got drunk, had a huge pity fest. #richkidproblems and decided that the best way to solve their problems was to burn down their grandparents house, doesn't that sound like a good idea? Really, I just thought she was a huge idiot, I mean after the whole stupid idea of setting a house on fire and then she did'nt even wait for her family to get out before setting it on fire. And then she did'nt expect them to get trapped. Idiot. And I am sorry the book annoyed me so much, that this is going to be a very short review, because it annoys me so much to think of it. So thats it my lovelies, a solid 0.5 stars. 

Thank you for reading. 
Previous book review: FanGirl by Angel Lawson
Next Book review: The DUFF by Kody Keplinger

EnglishBlonde
x

0 comments: