January Wrap Up & February TBR!

Hey my lovelies, welcome to my January Wrap Up & February TBR! This month I decided to try a new genre, New Adult and read quite a few books in there. At least one of these is going in my favourites list this year, and some of them the opposite. Although I believe I did quite good this month, with reading a grand total of 9 books, which has put me well on my way to my 2016 Reading Goal of 75 Books. The only downside to the books I read was that none of them were on my tbr.
The first book I read this year was The Hook Up by Kristen Callihan. This was such a good read and really surprised me, the characters were relatable and the writing was fantastic and was the reason why I decided to do this New Adult experimentation in the first place (You can find all of my NA experiment books here), I was recommended this via goodreads, but was out of when I saw the cover and then put back on again when I saw the rating, honestly this book was so good and I recommend this to anyone, from people who are starting of with NA or just general NA readers. Soon as I have read around 10 NA books I shall do a mass review of a few different NA books I have read. This is definitely going in my favourite books of 2016.

The second book I read this year was the second sequel to The Hook Up and was The Game Plan by Kristen Callihan. I tried to read the second novel, but i just couldn't get into it, so I just skipped on. The Game Plan was also a extremely well written book, again the characters were relatable and it included characters from the Hook Up, which was nice as a little flash-forward. Although for me it was not as good as the Hook Up, but is there any series where the sequels are as good as the original?
The third, fourth & fifth book I read was Manwhore, Manwhore +1 and Ms. Manwhore by Katy Evans, another series I really enjoyed, they were well written and good characters, however personally I would have made some different choices, but nobody's perfect, right? The only negative with this series is that the first novel ends on a cliff hanger, so I do recommend you get the second book at the same time.
The sixth, seventh & eighth book I read was the 100 trilogy by Kass Morgan, even though the series had a low rating on goodreads, i pushed through because of how good the tv series was and I was wrong, I did not enjoy these books at all, you can check out my full review on why here. 
And finally the ninth book I read this year was Burning Yves by Joss Stirling, which isn't really a book, as it is a short companion novella from the Benedict Brothers series, which is one of my all time favourite series. I have reviewed another companion novel to the series, Misty Falls here.

That is it for my January Wrap Up my lovelies, below you shall find my February TBR.
My TBR for February continues on from last month (which can be found here), as I never read any of the novels, which I intended too. As mentioned in the link before I plan to read the Shiver trilogy by Maggie Steifvater, featuring Shiver, Linger and Forever and the second trilogy I plan to read is the Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu, featuring Legend, Prodigy and Champion. A more in depth explanation can be found here. 

That is it for this month my lovelies, you can check out my previous wrap ups and TBRs here and there shall be another monthly recap at the end of February/beginning of March. You can check out
I am extremely excited to get finally get round to these 6 books, I will be giving an update and mini review for each of these books at the end of the month, unless I post a review (or plan to) on the books.
Thank you for reading, To keep more up to date with what I am reading, you can check out my TwitterGoodreads and Instagram. 
EnglishBlonde
x

0 comments: