Books that lived up to the hype!

Hey my lovelies, this weeks Monday post are books that were either recommended to me or I heard about how amazing they supposedly were, and this post showcases books that did live up to the hype.

The first book I believe lived up to the hype is The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey, I recently read this series and really enjoyed it, however I did not enjoy the rest of the series as much as the first, however I found the first one truly amazing, even if there was a bit of insta-love in there. The Fifth Wave follows Cassie, as she deals with an alien invasion.

If you haven't heard of the next one, where have you been for the last five years? The Hunger Games seemed to launch the YA Dystopian genre into mainstream media, as this allowed books such as The Fifth Wave and the Maze Runner to hit center stage. And this book has had some massive hype, however I have to admit the book hits every mark for me and I absolutely love it, which is why it is one of my all time favourite series and why I feel there is no need for me to give it a brief description.

Another famous book that also lived up to the hype was Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan, when I read this book last year I loved it and completely fell in love with the characters. The Percy Jackson series follows young Percy as he realises that his father is the Greek god Poseidon and the battles he faces as a demigod himself with the help of his friends Annabeth and Grover.

The next book on my list is The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson, I first read this book last year and have since reread it in preparation of the final book coming out in August. The Remnant Chronicles follows princess Lia, after she runs away from a arranged marriage to a foreign prince, however everything is not what it seems. But when is it?  I absolutely loved this series and for me this book had just the right amount of everything, from love triangles to the magic element. I also posted an in depth review of both The Kiss of Deception and The Heart of Betrayal.

And the final book on my list, which of cause lived up to the hype and a book that I absolutely adore is Angelfall by Susan Ee, this trilogy was truly amazing and I would recommend them to anyone. Penryn and the End of Days follows Penryn in the apocalyptic world after the world gets invaded by angels, who have decided to reclaim the world for themselves. The reviews for Angelfall, World After and End of Days can be found here.

That's it for this weeks Monday post of books that I believe lived up to the hype. You can check out last weeks Mondays post of my most anticipated summer releases here.
Thank you for reading, To keep more up to date with what I am reading, you can check out my TwitterGoodreads and Instagram. 

EnglishBlonde
x

0 comments: