Life Update! (Reading slumps, new posts + Uni)

Hey my lovelies, this weeks Monday post is a bit different to my normal bookish posts. As I just wanted to update you guys on my life and explain what will be going on over the next few months with English Blonde.

As many of you already know I have been working hard at college the past two years, and have finally completed my course and as luck would have it, I have finished with the best possible grades, so as a procrastinating 18 year old, I have been trying to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life and in all honestly I have no idea. Before October time I initially thought that when I finished the course, I would get a full time job at maybe a supermarket or something similar, before finding something that I enjoy doing (other than reading of cause, although I have no idea how I would be able to turn that into a job), but after surpassing my expectations with how much I have enjoyed my course and business as a subject, I have decided that I am going to continue to study Business, so as of September I shall be starting at University and get a degree in International Business in 4 years! Exciting right? 

Now you may be thinking what does this have to do with English Blonde, you'll be still continuing it right? And of cause I will, it's just in the coming weeks, maybe even months my posts may become even more sporadic than they already are (that's hard I know). And as much as at the moment I have a long list of different post ideas that I want to write other than just book reviews, but with everything that is going on in my life at the moment, I have no idea how I'm going to have time to write all of these posts as well as everything else that is going on. Like right now, I've been out all day and now its 34 minutes past 10 and i'm sitting with my cat writing this post a week before I plan for it to go up and it's the first post I expect will be up in August (unless I pull my finger out and write my July wrap up of cause). 

Now onto the whole issue with my posts, well its only an issue for well me, but let me vent a bit anyway. My goal was to have 52 book reviews up and post every Monday and Friday... that has clearly not happened. And for some reason that I can't even fathom I haven't been reading as much as i would like and whenever I get to the end of a book and are at the stage to write the review nothing happens, no matter if I loved it, hated it, or simply tolerated it. My mind goes completely blank about anything that happened and I move on and the cycle happens again. Does anybody have any advice on how to get through this? Even still I really am trying to post as often as I can, but sometimes it just doesn't happen the way I want it too. 

Back onto the University side of things, I found the Uni that is the best fit for me to be around an hour away by train, so I will be moving out of my home, and into Uni accommodation, so I will be basically moving out (well for 9 months of the year, but that's by far the longest time I will have ever been away from my parents), so for them following weeks I doubt I will be posting a lot during this time like I said above, however I am hoping to schedule a few posts to keep English Blonde going, because no matter what I will love and try my best to continue my little corner of the internet. And depending on how I'm feeling I may post a few mini updates just letting you guys know how I'm coping and how I'm finding it all. 

Due to this I have a few ideas of some University posts I would like to write, and I know this probably won't interest a lot of you, but just a few that would answer some of the questions I wanted to know this time last year, and maybe I could help some people the same way I would have liked to been. So expect a little University series of posts in the coming months. 

Thank you for reading my lovelies, I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about my life, and my plans for English Blonde in the coming months. If you're going through or have gone through any of the things mentioned above please talk to me in the comments! 

EnglishBlonde
x

0 comments: