Bookentine Readathon TBR

Hey my lovelies, after seeing various book bloggers and vloggers talking about it, I have decided to take part in the Bookentine Readathon. The Bookentine Readathon is a readathon with the aim to read as many contemporaries as possible and then within that their are 5 Challenges and other fun stuff through out the week.
Which are:
  • Read a book with mental illness
  • Read a book set in your home country
  • Read a book with LGBT character
  • Read a debut (any year as long as it's an authors debut)
  • Book that's been on your tbr the longest. 
You can join the Bookentine Readathon on goodreads here and follow me as I go through the challenge here. The readathon takes place from Saturday 14th to Saturday 12st. I kindoff wished I had left reading the Duff, until next week, but I did'nt. Oh, well so here is what I plan on reading... 

The first book I plan to read is Mates, Dates and Sizzling Summers, which covers the Read a book set in your home country. The Mates, Dates series is sort of a guilty pleasure of mine and one of my favourite reads, when I need abit of a break. And it is only 214 pages, so it is a quick read. 

Goodreads Summary: "" I reckon that's the last we've seen of Ollie Axford,"" I said.""I wouldn't be so sure TJ,"" said Nesta. ""I bet he calls and asks you out." "Nah, he looks like a player. You know the type. Too much of a twinkle in his eye to be trusted." "A bit like Luke then?"" said Lucy. Boys are like buses for TJ. No sign of one for ages and then two come along at the same time! First there's charmer Ollie Axford. And just when TJ has decided that he could be the one, old flame Luke De Biasi tells her that he wants to rekindle their romance. TJ is torn between the boys, and unhappy that it makes her look like a two-timer. But it all seems unimportant when someone close to her is taken seriously ill. More than ever, TJ needs a clear head and the support of her friends as she faces the most important summer of her life.

Check it out on Goodreads here



The second book I plan to read is The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, which covers the character with a mental illness and a book with a LGBT character. I recently watched the movie and really enjoyed it, and I hear the book is better. This one is another short on with 213 pages. 

Goodreads Summary: Charlie is a freshman. And while he's not the biggest geek in the school, he is by no means popular. Shy, introspective, intelligent beyond his years yet socially awkward, he is a wallflower, caught between trying to live his life and trying to run from it. Charlie is attempting to navigate his way through uncharted territory: the world of first dates and mix tapes, family dramas and new friends; the world of sex, drugs, and The Rocky Horror Picture Show, when all one requires is that perfect song on that perfect drive to feel infinite. But he can't stay on the sideline forever. Standing on the fringes of life offers a unique perspective. But there comes a time to see what it looks like from the dance floor. The Perks of Being a Wallflower is a deeply affecting coming-of-age story that will spirit you back to those wild and poignant roller-coaster days known as growing up

Check it out on Goodreads here

The third book I plan to read is The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han, which counts as my on the tbr list the longest. I read Burn for Burn two years ago and enjoyed it and hopefully I will enjoy these ones too. The Summer I Turned Pretty has 288 pages. 

Goodreads Summary: Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer--they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one terrible and wonderful summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along.

Check it out on Goodreads here.


The fourth book I plan to read is Shadowland/Love you to death by Meg Cabot, which I don't think covers any, but I want to read it. It is also a reread as I love all of Meg Cabots books. I know it has fantasy moments, but I count it as a contemporary, I mean I believe ghosts are real. Love you to death has 287 pages. 

Goodreads summary: Suze is a mediator -- a liaison between the living and the dead. In other words, she sees dead people. And they won't leave her alone until she helps them resolve their unfinished business with the living. But Jesse, the hot ghost haunting her bedroom, doesn't seem to need her help. Which is a relief, because Suze has just moved to sunny California and plans to start fresh, with trips to the mall instead of the cemetery, and surfing instead of spectral visitations. But the very first day at her new school, Suze realizes it's not that easy. There's a ghost with revenge on her mind ... and Suze happens to be in the way.

Check it out on Goodreads here.

The fifth book I plan to read is Girl Online by Zoe Sugg, which counts as my debut novel. After watching Zoella's channel for so long as well and with all the controversy of having a ghost writer, I just want to read it and see if it is any good.

Goodreads summary: I had no idea GirlOnline would take off the way it has - I can't believe I now have 5432 followers, thanks so much! - and the thought of opening up to you all about this is terrifying, but here goes... Penny has a secret. Under the alias GirlOnline, she blogs about school dramas, boys, her mad, whirlwind family - and the panic attacks she's suffered from lately. When things go from bad to worse, her family whisks her away to New York, where she meets the gorgeous, guitar-strumming Noah. Suddenly Penny is falling in love - and capturing every moment of it on her blog. But Noah has a secret too. One that threatens to ruin Penny's cover - and her closest friendship - forever. 

Check it out on Goodreads here.


That is it my lovelies, Thank you for reading and check back on the 22nd, when I will have my 'read in my Bookentine Readathone post. 
EnglishBlonde

0 comments: