Book Review: Last to Know by Micalea Smeltzer


Hey my lovelies, this weeks book review is Last to Know by Micalea Smeltzer. After discovering the world of free kindle books I found Last to Know. The cover is not the most interesting thing to look at and it kind off reminds me of a wattpad book, but it meets its purpose, as it is a young adult romance about a teenage girl who falls for a mysterious boy, who then spend their summer together doing wild and crazy things.

Title: Last to Know
Author: Micalea Smeltzer
Publisher: Createspace
Pub. Date: February 9th 2015
Date Read: April 21st 2015
Pages: 343
Rating:4.7/5 stars
Goodreads Summary: He was just a boy. And I was just a girl. But if that’s all there was to the story it wouldn’t be very interesting, would it? Up and coming band Willow Creek is back in their hometown for the summer. For the drummer, Maddox Wade, this summer was meant for writing music and playing gigs. Falling in love was not part of the plan. One look at Emma Burke and those plans cease to matter. Emma is quiet and guarded. She’s still hurt from her father walking out two years ago. She doesn’t want to trust Maddox, but with his dark hair, smoldering good looks, and infectious smile he’s impossible to resist. Together Maddox and Emma embark on an unforgettable summer of adventures and first love. Everything is perfect…or so Emma thinks. There are things she doesn’t know, and when she finds out the truth it might shatter everything she’s built with Maddox. No one said love was easy, and for Maddox and Emma it just might be impossible. 

This is a Young Adult book. The following books in the series will be New Adult. 

*This book is a standalone within a series
Emma was a good main character, she wasn't the sharpest tool in the box, but that was okay. It didn't make her unlikable it just made the book seem realistic. Maddox wasn't a total mystery like he was supposed to be, but he was still likable. Personally for me I think Mathias is my favourite character. Sadie was annoying and after she ditched Emma at the concert she needed a bit of a slap.

The ending was alright, I know she spent like two weeks or something like that ignoring him, as I am too proud, I would have made him wait longer. If you've read the book (which you should of because hello! it's free) then you will know that the ending after Mathias picked her up and then Emma went to meet Maddox, for me this seemed sort of slow compared to the rest of the book, maybe this was just me? But it definitely opened the possibility for a series, which I believe their are four books planned in. In fact (this was completely coincidental) but I read it the day before the sequel came out. Hopefully I should read that at some point in the future. So due to this I have rated this 4 stars,

The link to the free book on kindle is here! I am sorry it is a short review guys, but I need to concentrate on my GCSE's so the reviews up until my exams have finished will be shorter than normal. Sorry again.

Remember to check me out on goodreads, Twitter and Instagram for more stuff on books.
Add this book to your goodreads here!
Previous Book Review:Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick
Next Book Review:
More Book Reviews here.
EnglishBlonde
x

0 comments: