Christmas Gift Guide: YA books for Book Lovers


Hey my lovelies, welcome to my Christmas Gift Guide: YA books for book lover, I have chosen some underrated books and fairly popular ones, for my list to try and give you can even spread of the type of books. These are all books that I enjoyed reading and would recommend to just about anyone, but because I know some people prefer different types of YA books, I have split this into little handy sections.

Younger YA Readers

I began reading YA books, when I was eight years old, which is quite young, considering some of the content in them. However, if you are like me and start of young or if you simply want to get into the YA genre, but with less "grown up" topics I would start off with some Meg Cabot books. Meg Cabot has wrote a large range of books, spanning a range of genres, but mainly sticking to the YA supernatural romance and I'm not talking any sparkling vampires (although there is nothing wrong with that). For a beginner, I would definitely recommend her Mediator series, Avalon High, and the Airhead series. 

Contemporary

For me, this next one borderlines on YA/NA as Rainbow Rowell has wrote for both genres including Adult, but I am going to chuck her on this gift guide anyway, because why the hell not? I read Attachments over the summer (one of her adult novels) and loved it, much more than I liked Fangirl, which is one of her more talked about books. I would definitely a recommend Eleanor and Park, for a realistic contemporary read. 

My second contemporary read is Rosebush by Michelle Jaffe, I last read this a few years ago on holiday, and loved it. This is mystery/thriller following a girl trying to find out who hurt and left her for dead in a Rosebush. This is definitely a underacted read, as it is barely mentioned in the YA book community, so if you want a book that your YA lover probably hasn't heard off, pick this one up. 

Sci-Fi

My Sci-fi pick is one that has been very popular in the recent years and it is The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey, I really enjoyed the first book in this series, and if it was up to me, I would have finished this series there. But due to the great writing and plot I would definitely be giving this to my favourite book lover. 

Apocalyptic

My apocalyptic pick is of cause, my fave, my love, Penryn and the End of Days trilogy by Susan Ee, this is an amazing series. In all honesty the sequels weren't as good as the Angelfall, but how could they live up to that amazingness? I would recommend this to anyone, and I mean anyone. If you would like to find more about this series, you can check out my book reviews here (Angelfall (book 1) | World After (book 2) | End of Days (book 3)). 

Supernatural

My supernatural pick is Half Bad by Sally Green, this follows Nathan, a young witch, who has to decide whether he is a white or dark witch, due to his parentage. This is written in second person, which is quite strange for a YA novel, so shout out to all the second person YA novels out there, because I have only ever read one. At this stage I have only read the first two books and are putting off reading the final book in the series, mainly because I don't want it to end. You can check out my reviews for Half Bad and Half Wild here

Honourable mentions include; Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver, Benedict Brothers series by Joss Stirling and Cassandra Clare. 

That is it for my Christmas Gift Guide: YA books for Book Lovers my lovelies, this is the second post in my Christmas series, where I have scheduled lots of Christmas treats in the run up to Christmas. Thank you for reading and if you haven't already checked out the first in my new "Emma Recommends... series" with me recommeding my winter reads. 

Previous Book Review: The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson
Previous Christmas Post: Emma Recommends... winter reads
Next Bookish Post: T5W: Series that got worse with each book (14th December)
Next Christmas Post: Christmas Gift Guide: Bookish Gifts for Book Lovers

EnglishBlonde
x

0 comments: