Emma Recommends... YA Winter Reads

Hey my lovelies, long time no see, I have been extremely lacking in the reviews department recently and I am very sorry about that, however I promise I will be better (and how many times have I said that one?). But lets look past my negligence and get on with my recommended winter reads. Can you believe that it is already December? I definitely can't. I have chosen 4 books, which shall fit your needs whether you are curled up under a blanket, whilst the snow is falling outside or lying on a beach in the sun, wanting some semblance of the winter in the rest of the world.

The first book on my winter reads is Finding Sky by Joss Stirling, this is the first book in the Benedict Brothers series following Sky, a seventeen year old girl, who moves to a small town in the midst of winter, where she meets Zed, a savant. This has been one of my favourite books since I first read it, four years ago. It's set in winter and is a sweet romance with many twists and turns whilst still introducing you to the savant world. Whilst still being a feel good book. 

The next book in my winter reads is Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver, this follows Samantha, who is a normal popular high school student, who dies in a car accident, only to wake up to the same day again and again. Causing her to realise that she must correct the things she has done wrong in order to finally move on.  I first read this around three years ago now, and it is definitely one of those books that make you want to think twice about what you say and do, knowing the consequences could change someones life forever, although probably not as dramatic as forever. It definitely has some Groundhog Day feels, but more YA with death being a more predominant feel in the novel. Before I Fall has also recently just been turned into a film, with a trailer recently coming out. 

The third book on my winter reads is Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick, this follows Britt who plans to spend her break in cabin in the mountains, only for her plans to be thrown out of the window, when an unexpected blizzard forces her to seek shelter in another remote cabin with two fugitives. Whilst all of this is going on, we are also treated to chapters following a serial killer. But everybody has secrets, so will Britt realise who her real enemy is before its too late? I really enjoyed reading this book, however according to goodreads I may be one of a few. This is great for anyone who wishes to read a YA thriller set in the snow. 

The fourth book on my winter reads is Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone, do I even have to explain this one? What is a winter reads post without at least one Harry Potter book? It is practically a statement piece throughout all of winter, both the films and the books, reading about the gang heading to Hogsmeade in order to have a butterbeer in the snow.
Well that is it for my recommended Winter Reads, I hope I got something in there for all you YA lovers. This post is a part of my Christmas series, which is specifically going on this month, where you shall be able to find out a little more about me and will feature some more Christmas themed bookish posts:
12th December - Christmas Gift Guide: Books for Book Lovers
19th December - My Top 10 favourite Christmas Films
28th December - T5W: 5 Characters I would love to invite to my New Years Eve Party

This is also the first in the 'Emma Recommends...' series, which shall be a monthly feature in 2017. If you wish to find out more about what has been going on with me in the past year check out my 2016: A year in review out 31st December. 

EnglishBlonde
x

0 comments: