Book Review: Need by Carrie Jones


Hey my lovelies, this weeks book review is a double and it is Need by Carrie Jones. This is a sort off reread for me, as I started reading this book around five years ago and must have stopped for some reason. I discovered it again, when I reordered by bookcase.
Title: Need
Author: Carrie Jones
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Pub. Date: December 23rd 2008
Date Read: March 7th 2015
Pages: 306
Rating:4/5 stars
Goodreads Summary: Pain shoots through my head. Fireworks. Explosions. All inside my brain. The white world goes dark and I know what's about to happen.

Zara White suspects there's a freaky guy semi-stalking her. She's also obsessed with phobias. And it's true, she hasn't exactly been herself since her stepfather died. But exiling her to shivery Maine to live with her grandmother? That seems a bit extreme. The move is supposed to help her stay sane...but Zara's pretty sure her mom just can't deal with her right now.

She couldn't be more wrong. Turns out the semi-stalker is not a figment of Zara's overactive imagination. In fact, he's still following her, leaving behind an eerie trail of gold dust. There's something not right - not human - in this sleepy Maine town, and all signs point to Zara.

In this creepy, compelling breakout novel, Carrie Jones delivers romance, suspense, and a creature you never thought you'd have to fear.
It took me a few chapters to get into Need, but then I was hooked trying to remember what was happening. Although I guessed all of the plot twists, which to be honest was probably to do with the fact I have already read the book, I enjoyed it a lot. I would say this was a solid 4 stars, due to I don't believe you would be able to read it without reading the sequel as well.

**Just to note if you plan on reading this book, I suggest reading the sequel straight after. As it will make alot more sense.

Spoilers Below
I liked Zara as a character, although it did get repetitive at times to listen to her listing phobias. But I enjoyed her sarcasm, which is my favourite trait in character, especially when she was nervous. I enjoyed her relationship with her grandma, although I (Spoiler) did not understand why her mum would send her to the town where her father is to protect her from her father. That just didn't make sense to me.

The romance of Zara and Nick went a bit too fast for me personally. And for me it was fairly obvious he was a werewolf, not so much though that her grandma was a weretyger (spelled like that may I add).

The side characters Izzy, Devyn and Betty were enjoyable, I loved how Izzy got embarrassed and started rambling, which was very endearing. Devyn was pretty cool with all his knowledge, but still had the mystery of how he ended up in the wheel chair in the first place.

Need left a quite a few questions unanswered as well like why couldn't Nick and Devyn tell that Megan and Ian were pixies and all of these questions were answered in the sequel Captivate, which I read straight after finishing Need. Which is why this weeks review is a double! As well as posting this review, there shall be another review for the second novel in the Need Quartet, Captivate by Carrie Jones.

Thank you for reading my lovelies, this is it for this week, if you would like to see more of what I am currently reading you can check me out on GoodreadsInstagram and Twitter

Previous Book Review:Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
Next Book Review: Captivate by Carrie Jones

EnglishBlonde
x

0 comments: