Book Review: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi


Hey my lovelies, this weeks book review is Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. I am probably gonna get slated for this, but I thought the book was okay, 3 stars only. I enjoyed it a lot more than I did Hex Hall, but it wasn't all that.


Title: Shatter Me
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Publisher: Harper
Pub. Date: November 15th 2011
Date Read: March 3rd 2015
Pages: 338
Rating:3/5 stars
Goodreads Summary: I have a curse

I have a gift
I am a monster
I'm more than human
My touch is lethal
My touch is power
I am their weapon
I will fight back
Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days
The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.
The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.
Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

I had high expectations for Shatter Me due to seeing a lot of people rave about it. I know I should stop doing this. But I couldn't help myself. Its still the type of book, that I will read the sequel just to see if it got any better, that will most likely be in the next month or so.

I wasn't that impressed with the writing style, the point of view was alright but there were so many metaphors and similes. I mean its alright if there are a few in the entire book, but don't you think ita abit excessive to have four or five per chapter,

Juliette was an okay main character, bit of an introvert, personally I prefer my main characters abit more sarcastic. But her point of view was tolerable, and i liked her loyalty. But for me that was her character.

The Plot was alright. I really enjoyed the beginning when she was trapped in the cell, but from then on it got a bit drab for me. The love story wasn't the best, it seemed from one minute they hated eachother and the next they were kissing, but not in a good way. I wasn't that interested in to be honest, in the end I just wanted to finish the book. And even then it ended too suddenly for me.

Thank you for reading my lovelies, this is it for this week, if you would like to see more of what I am currently reading you can check me out on GoodreadsInstagram and Twitter.

Previous Review: Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
Next Review: Need by Carrie Jones

EnglishBlonde
x

0 comments: