February Wrap Up

Hey my lovelies, todays post is as you can see from the title is my February Wrap Up/Read in February. This is not the full wrap up as, I am sad to say that I have not read any of the books in my February Tbr. I know right, bad Emma but I promise to be better next month!

I didnt have a vey good reading this month as I could'nt seem to get into any books and the first book I read was the DUFF and I read that on 10th.

The Duff by Kody Keplinger.

I enjoyed the Duff a lot, although I didn't expect it to get as angsty as it did at times , but I enjoyed it a lot anyway. The DUFF is about a girl called Bianca, who sees herself as not as attractive as  here best friends. Then she meets a boy who calls her a DUFF and everything seems to fall apart around her. Her parents marriage is on the rocks due to her mother never being home ,so she starts sleeping with the guy who calls her a DUFF and uses him as an escape from her life.

Check out my review on it here.
Check it out on Goodreads here.

The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong

I read the Darkest Powers series last year and really enjoyd them and just got around to reading The Gathering on the 13th. I enjoyed it alot, but I must admit I do prefer Chloe as the narrator of tthe series but maybe I will get used Maya the more I read through her story. The Gathering is the first book in a spin off trilogy to the Darkest Powers Trilogy, and it takes place in a small medical town with less than 200 people, in the town everybody serves a purpose. Mayas father is a park keeper to the town, which makes Maya very close to animals and she even has her own pet lynx and german shepard- so jealous. It starts with Mayas best friend mysteriously drowning and a strange boy shows up (SHOCKER RIGHT?) he then grows close to Maya and it follows Maya trying to find out what happened to her best friend and who is this mysterious guy?

Check out my review on it here.
Check it out on Goodreads here.

The Glam Guide by Fleur De Force
I am a big fan of youtubers and this month Fleur De Force released her first book (shh.. don't tell anyone Fleurs my favourite), which was a basic guide to life with tips on make up, fashion and blogging with Fleurs personal opinion through out. Which I loved and it is so pretty the books pallet is mostly watercolors and is full of drawings and it is lovely. I would definately recommend it if you enjoy watching her videos.


Love, Tanya by Tanya Burr
Around two or three days after receiving the Glam Guide, which I preordered on amazon I saw Love, Tanya on a shelf in tesco and I know the book has a similar goal to Fleurs and I picked it up. But to be honest I have never really watched her videos, although I have watched her fiances Jim Chapman, so I gave it ago and it was great. I expected it to be similar to Fleurs but it was completely different, Tanyas had more stories about her personal life, making it half biography and half guide to life. And since reading it I have subscribed to her channels and are enjoying her videos now too.

These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner

I am not a very big fan of Scifi books, but I really enjoyed this. I loved the character development and it only took me around two chapters to get fully into the book. Also if you check on my goodreads, you will see I read it in three hours.
Check it out on Goodreads here.


I would just like to add that as I am writing this I am four chapters into Zoe Suggs first novel, Girl Online.

So to be honest it wasn't a very good reading month, but oh well I will do better next month. See you next time my lovelies, Remember to check out my March TBR.

Next Post: March TBR

EnglishBlonde
x

0 comments: