Book Review: Girl Online by Zoe Sugg and Siobhan Curham

Hey my lovelies, todays review is the one an only Girl Online by Zoe Sugg and Siobhan Curham.
This book had a lot of bad publicity last year due to the fact that Zoe Sugg, didn't really write the novel on her own, instead joint wrote it with a ghost writer, which was ofcause Siobhan Curham. Still due to this a lot of people have absolutely slated it. Which is a real shame because the book wasn't half bad. In fact it was better than expected. I have been watching Zoella since last September, when I stumbled onto one of her videos when trying to find out how to do some sort of braid. Since I have got into watching her and figured I would give her book a read, when it came out last November. I picked it up in February, but kept putting it of as every time I tried to read it, it seemed quite childish. After getting through the first 50 pages I was hooked and couldn't put it down.

Title: Girl Online
Author: Zoe Sugg and Siobhan Curham
Publisher: Atria
Pub. Date: November 25th 2014
Date Read: 4th April 2015
Pages: 352
Rating:4/5 stars
Goodreads Summary: I had no idea GirlOnline would take off the way it has - I can't believe I now have 5432 followers, thanks so much! - and the thought of opening up to you all about this is terrifying, but here goes...
Penny has a secret.
Under the alias GirlOnline, she blogs about school dramas, boys, her mad, whirlwind family - and the panic attacks she's suffered from lately. When things go from bad to worse, her family whisks her away to New York, where she meets the gorgeous, guitar-strumming Noah. Suddenly Penny is falling in love - and capturing every moment of it on her blog.
But Noah has a secret too. One that threatens to ruin Penny's cover - and her closest friendship - forever.

One of the good things about this book was the fact that your opinion on a character could do a complete 180 in only a chapter or two. And this happened multiple times with a few different chapters.

**Spoilers Below**

I really liked Penny as a character, she was fun and dealt with typical teenage girl issues, from embarrassing yourself and showing your knickers to boys. She was likable though and maybe some of that was due to the fact that she had a blog like me. Even though as I said before that Penny was a likable character, she did fall for Noah fairly quickly and instantly went against him, when she found out he was famous. That did annoy me, which kind off makes me a hypocrite as I would do the same thing. But oh well.

Elliot, was likable,  you could tell almost straight away that he had a bad home life, but still I did feel like you just needed to give him a hug. He always seemed like a good friend to Penny, even when it seemed like he was the one who leaked the story.

Megan she was just a typical teenage girl bully, except she did something that your normal high school bully wouldn't do, she took it a step to far and went to the tabloids. This part was extremely far fetched for me, as I couldn't imagine any of the girls at school doing this. I mean a guy goes to your house, you mention you met a famous musician whilst you were there and because you have a blog that states you met your soul mate. It has to be him. He then tells mean Megan and she emails a tabloid. Is this just me? But then it is fiction. That was just unbelievable, but when Megan posted the video of Penny falling over on facebook, we all know that is something that would happen ,and I am quite shocked it hasn't happened to me (yet).

Despite all of this I did enjoy the book, as even though it had elements of angst through Penny's anxiety, it's still a happy ending fluffy contemporary. I would definitely recommend it and will be picking up the sequel when it comes out.

Thank you for reading my lovelies, this is it for this week, if you would like to see more of what I am currently reading you can check me out on GoodreadsInstagram and Twitter

Previous book Review: Half Wild by Sally Green
Next Book Review: From the Wreckage by Michele G Miller
EnglishBlonde
x

0 comments: