March Wrap Up

Hey my lovelies, we are officially 1/4 through the year, it wasn't that long ago since christmas was it? Anyway this wrap up is quite a long one as I tried to read a book a day and instead of reading books on this months tbr list, I tended to read books that have been on my tbr for awhile now. Another good thing is that I've surpassed my half way point on my goodreads reading challenge! Woo hoo!


The first book I read in March was Hex hall by Rachel Hawkins. I know, I know i finally got round to reading it. I am so happy i can tick it of my tbr list. even though the book for me was a bit of a disappointment for me. After really enjoying Rebel Belle I was expecting great things and that didn't happen. If I'm bored one day I might pick up the sequel, but after reading it, I'm not going to be picking up the physical copy any time soon (I read it as an ebook).
The second book I read in March was The Distance Between Us by Kasie West, which I read on the same day as Hex Hall as I needed a bit of a pick me up. I really enjoyed this contemporary, the characters were interesting and I really wanted to know about the main female characters father and what happened with her parents and grandparents. So I enjoyed the book, although I'm not much for the ending, as it seemed unfinished, but I did enjoy the plot. This was another one I read as an ebook and hopefully I should be able to pick up the novel in paperback.
The third book I read this month, March 3rd to be exact, was Shatter Me by Taherah Mafi. Which means I have ticked another of my TBR list. I enjoyed Shatter Me, but I did expect it to be alot better than it is, after all the hype around the series. But I don't know, maybe the sequels get better?


 I read this month was DNA, which is a play I had to reread for school. Woohoo English Lit!

The fifth book I read was Need by Carrie Jones, this was a reread, which I don't think I ever finished, but whilst rearanging my book shelf discovered it again and figured I would give it a go.

Straight after I read Need, I went straight on to Captivate, Needs sequel. I read that in two hours and have now ordered the rest of the series. Which I'm very excited to read and find out how the quartet ends.

Later the same night I started The Young Elites by Marie Lu, which I then finished the next morning. As this is the first novel I have read by this author, I don't have anything to compare it too, but I will probably read the Legend trilogy later in the year.

The eight book I read this month was 13 Treasures by Michelle Harrison, which I also read on the eight. This was a reread for me, as I first read it when I was in Year 6, but after finding it, I couldn't help but read it.



The next book I read was the first book in the 'summer' trilogy, The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han. I completed this in two sittings.















The 10th book I read in March was another reread, which was All American Girl by Meg Cabot.

The next book I finished was the second book in the 'summer' trilogy, It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han. Which I read alongside All American Girl.

Then I read the final book in the Summer trilogy, We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han.

After completing one series of Jenny Hans, I figured I must read her Burn for Burn series, also by Siobhan Vivian. I completed the first book about two years ago, so I reread it and went straight to the sequel Fire with Fire.

Absolutely loved fire with fire, what a plot twist! I am so glad I own the trilogy sand I don't have to go get it!

The 14th book I read this month was ... the final book in the Burn for Burn trilogy, although I didn't enjoy the epilogue, i did enjoy the series and will be adding it to my list of favourites.



The next book I read was Control by Lydia Kang, i have had this on my ereader for quite awhile and finally decided to give it ago. I expected to not enjoy it, but I really did. I give it around 4.25 out of 5 stars.

After having a almost week break from reading my last book I went to waterstones and picked up Half Bad by Sally Green after seeing its stunning cover. I then read it in one sitting, which lasted around 3 hours .

Then when I went to bed, I couldn't get to sleep and I have  had Obsidian on my ereader for awhile now but never got round to reading it and now I finally have!

The eighteenth book I read this month was the sequel to Obsidian, Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout.

The nineteenth book I read this month was Paper Towns by John Green. I watched the trailer on youtube and decided I would give it a try, so when I saw it and Looking for Alaska on the 2 for £7 offer at tesco I couldn't help myself.

I am currently 100 pages into Half Wild by Sally Green, which I started reading on the 29th, I am enjoying it so far, but it suddenly came to me that I begin my GCSE exams on 1st and figured I had better study, Oops.
So that is this months wrap up, I hope you enjoyed it. If you did you can check out my Goodreads, Twitter and Instagram. All linked on my contact page.
EnglishBlonde
x

0 comments: