BookTube-A-Thon Reading Challenge TBR

Hey my lovelies, this weeks monday post is a little different to my normal ones mainly because it is a tbr, but not any old tbr, the BookTube-A-Thon Reading Challenge TBR. The reading challenge takes place every year in one week, in order to help readers take a few books of their tbr, this year it is taking place from July 18th to to July 24th. You can find out more about the challenge here. Now I have chosen 7 books to read this week (a lot I know), in order to reach the each of the seven challenges.

Challenge #1 is to read a book with yellow on the cover, this one seems pretty easy until I actually look at my bookshelves, I do not actually own a lot of yellow books, but I still managed to find one. The book I have chosen is Landline by Rainbow Rowell, I tried to read this last year, however something stopped me when I was about half way through and then I never picked it back up again. 

Challenge #2 is to read a book only after sunset and when I say after sunset this basically just means you can't read the book during the day, which sounds reasonable enough especially for me considering I do not usually go to sleep until around half past one, however sunset is not actually till 9:31pm, so I do not have much time to ensure I read it, however I have done it multiple times before, so this one should be pretty easy to do.

Challenge #3 is to read a book you discovered through booktube, I have been watching various booktubers for over two years now, so there are not that many books I have read that have not come recommended via booktube in some way. So the book I have chosen is Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs, I originally heard of this from the booktuber Jessethereader, and have wanted to pick it up since then. And now I do actually have a copy of it, why not?

Challenge #4 is to read a book by one of your favourite authors, this challenge sounds a lot easier than it is, as I have far too many favourite authors, so for this one on the day I am just going to go for it and pick up a book of one of favourite authors shelves (I have individual shelves for Cassandra Clare, Richelle Mead, Sara Shepard, Suzanne Collins and Meg Cabot, because I love their writing so much) 

Challenge #5 is to read a book that is older than you, I recently watched the Pride and Prejudice movie for the first time and really enjoyed, so I have chosen this as the book that is older than me. And it is always good to read a classic, which I have yet to do so far this year.

Challenge #6 is to Read and watch a book-to-movie adaptation, I have decided that this is the challenge I am saving till last, mainly because of the book I have chosen and that is Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, I read the Philosophers Stone earlier this year and enjoyed it and have just been putting off the rest of the series until now.

Challenge #7 is to Read 7 books, hopefully I will be able to read all of the above, and then one random choice of my bookshelf.

That's it for this weeks Monday post of books that I plan to read in the Book-Tube-A-Thon Reading Challenge. You can check out my last Monday post of Books that lived up to the hype here. 
Thank you for reading, To keep more up to date with what I am reading, you can check out my TwitterGoodreads and Instagram. 

EnglishBlonde
x

0 comments: