My Top 10 Christmas Films!

Hey my lovelies, welcome to my Top 10 Christmas Films! Now all of these are must watch films for me during the Christmas period, and one does not even have anything to do with the winter season!

10. 101 Dalmations (1996)

Not strictly a Christmas movie, but definitely a firm favourite of mine, I mean how can it not be, especially when seeing all of the puppies running across the snow at the end.  It is such a feel good film and how can you not want to watch one of the best Disney villains of all time? "Cruella De Vil, Cruella De Vil, if she doesn't scare you, then ain't nothing will, Cruella, Cruella De Vil" If you try to tell me that you did not sing that in your head, you are lying. And if you really want to get into the Disney winter mood, why not watch the second one? Even if it isn't as good as the first. But not many sequels are. Next up is... 




9. Die Hard (1988)

Who doesn't watch a action film at Christmas? It's practically the perfect time for it, especially if you don't want to face the treacherous snow outside. Instead why not watch Bruce Willis battle the bad guys at Christmas.





8. Mickeys Christmas Specials (Once upon a Christmas & Twice upon a Christmas)
For this one I am talking about the proper hand drawn Christmas specials, that used to on. Plus who wouldn't want to see mickey mouse and friends decked out in Christmas gear? I loved watching these Christmas special when I was little, and have kept this as a tradition to watch this.




7. Love Actually (2003)
Do I even have to say anything here? Even if this is the worse Alan Rickman character ever.





6. Home Alone (1990)
"Merry Christmas, ya' filthy animal"
Another one that needs no reason. However, who doesn't like watching a little boy defend his house to robbers? We've all grabbed the baseball bat behind the settee, when somebodies knocked on the front door late at night.

5. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe (2005)

Narnia is not typically a Christmas film, however I cannot go through Christmas, without watching this film. I love it with Aslan, young William Moseley and Mr. Tumnus, it definitely reminds me of being younger.






4. Elf (2003)
What is Christmas without watching Will Ferrell in a pair of green tights? Exactly. Featuring some very sickly looking food, shower singing and the overall feeling of festive cheer. 










3. Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch stole Christmas (2000)

Every christmas eve, we watch the Grinch, always resulting in me having a nap during the middle of it, with my dad complaining how much he hates this film, it's actually a tradition in my household now. No matter, what my dad says it is definitely a favourite of mine and my mums. This of cause features a baby Taylor Momsen, Jim Carrey and Christine Baranski.







2. Shrek (2001)
I love Shrek, has to be one of my favourite films of all time, and even though the film came out over – years ago, the animation has not suffered much in comparison to newer films. But the reason that it is in my top Christmas films, is because I cannot remember a Christmas, where one of the Shrek films were not playing on the BBC. So now it is simply associated with Christmas to me.










1. Miracle on 34th Street (1994)
And my favourite Christmas film is of cause Miracle on 34th Street, I love this film. The story is amazing, the acting is amazing, the idea of a little girl who doesn't believe in Santa, learning that her babysitter is in fact St. Nick himself. Well, what could be better? Especially the very end. 

Honourable Mentions:
  • Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone
  • Jack Frost
  • Nativity
That is it for My Top 10 Christmas Films, with a few honourable mentions chucked in there too. I hope you enjoyed it, and let me know what you think of my list! Do you have any additions to my list?


Next Bookish Post: T5W: Fictional items I would give as a gift

EnglishBlonde
x

0 comments: