May Wrap Up

Hey my lovelies! Welcome to my May Wrap Up. This month I didn't have the chance to read that many books due to my GCSE exams, but I still managed to read a total of eleven books, which I don't think is too bad.

The first book I read in May was A Little Friendly Advice by Siobhan Vivian. I really wanted to read this around two years ago, after first reading Burn for Burn (also by Jenny Han). To be honest I feel really disappoint with it. It was a real life contemporary book, I found it was one of them books where you were just waiting for the book to pick up and sadly it never did. A Little Friendly Advice is about a sixteen year old girl called Ruby, Ruby lives with her mum in her small house and is estranged from her father. On her sixteenth birthday, her father turns up (who she hasn't seen in 7 years or something like that), after that she finds out that pretty much everyone is keeping secrets from her, and this book is Ruby finding them secrets out. I didn't like this book and rated it 3 stars on goodreads.

The second book I read in May was Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief, before reading this I watched both Percy Jackson movies and wanted to know what happened afterwards, when I picked up the books I soon realised that there are a lot of differences between the book and the movie. For more information on what the book is about you can check out my review on it here. 

The third book I read in May was the sequel to The Lightning Thief and it was the Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan. I enjoyed this book, although I have to admit I didn't think it was as good as the first novel. For more information you can check out my review of it here and also check it out on Goodreads.

The fourth book I read in May was Shift by Em Bailey, I picked this up in my local waterstones, as I thought it looked good, sadly I cannot decide if I enjoyed this book or not. You can learn more about it in my review here. Also check it out on Goodreads.

The fifth book I read in May was If I Stay by Gayle Forman, this was a reread for me as I just wanted to get out of a reading slump. You can read my review of it here. You can check it out on Goodreads here. 

The sixth book I read was Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard, I really enjoyed this one, even more than I expected, you can check out my review of it here and Goodreads link.

The seventh book I read was Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck, I had to read this in preparation for my english Literature Exam, so there will not be a review for this.

The eighth and ninth book I read were Angelfall (Review) and World After (Review), as you will know if you are a frequent reader of my blog, is that I loved the Penryn and the End of Days series. So of cause I reread these in preparation of End of Days coming out.

The tenth book I read this month was of cause End Of Days by Susan Ee. Meaning I have completed another trilogy, I really liked this one and saw it as a fitting conclusion to the series, you can read my review on it on June 12th.

The eleventh book I read in May was Girls by Savannah Avery, I received this book on a read for review basis and the review will be coming out Monday 8th June.

That is it for this months wrap up my lovelies! I hope you enjoyed what learning what I read outside of reviews and you can also check out my June TBR is here. For more up to date information on what I am reading you can follow me on Goodreads, Instagram and Twitter.
EnglishBlonde
x

0 comments: